Version 1.0.0.6 is Now Available.

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Version 1.0.0.6 correct a minor bug and converted the application to work with .NET Framework 2.0 instead of requiring 3.5
Jan 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Hi Steve,

Wow ... you have been busy ...

I have set up my Battery Alarm at 30% with 1 minute Intervals for Repeat Reminder.  As you recall I am on Vista Home Prem. SP1, 64-bit.

1) If my laptop is not plugged into the AC charger, even when my battery level is at 95 percent or 85, or 75, ... the 1 minute alarm keeps ringing every minute which it should Not!

2) The scenario in above Number 1 deos not happen IF I am plugged into the AC charger ... and works properly ... only ringing after 30% for every minute till I acknowledge it.

3) Steve, could you go back to the BOLD format for the "Plugged In. Charging" ... otherwise the current Format kind of gets lost into the other writings.

4) Steve, although you said that you can not replicate my situation ... with 1.0.0.6 still does it ... Alarm has been set for 30% but will not kick in until it hits 29%.  Not a big deal at all ... just letting you know!

So far that is all I have found out.

THANKS & have a Great Weekend!

G!:)
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Can you tell me how you are starting the appliations and then if you change anything.  I thought I had specifically fixed item #1 in version 1.0.0.6.  It was occuring in 1.0.0.5 but I can't reproduce it in .6 version using my testing steps.

#4 can be a timing issue. The program won't necessarily play exactly when it hits 30% because it might have 45 seconds left before it plays the sound and by that time its dropped to 29%.  I've seen this happen on my machine.  However if you start the program, set the percent to like 2% below the current value and let it run, it should go off within 5 seconds of it matching your selected number.  I'll do some more testing to see if I can get it to work properly but I think if you just set your default values, close the program (EXIT) and then restart it and let it run, it will probably be fine.
Jan 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying back.  Steve, I am thinking may be my laptop has a Ghost in it ... because after reading your post I started Battery Alarm 1.0.0.6 and long & behold ... the program did not give me the problem that I had reported to you ... it works just fine now (today).

As far as how I start your program ...

1) I download your Zip program.
2) Unzip files and then I put your 2 files in a Folder that I create & call "BatteryAlarm 1.0.0.6".
3) I make a desktop Shortcut from your "BatteryAlarm.Exe" file.
4) When I start my laptop .. I doubleclick on my desktop shortcut and viola your program dumps the Tray Icon.
5) I right-click on your BA icon and open the window ... so as I can physically see the Battery Status .. while we are trying to get the bugs out of this PERFECT program.

THANKS again for your Wonderful & Great Program!

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Edited Jan 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Hi Steve,

I spoke too soon ... 1.0.0.6 does have a problem ... at least for me ... I am not a Programmer and have no clue .. basically a click & go type of person.

BA 1.0.0.6 alarms at every minute ... here is what I did and got this response ...

Started charging my Battery at about 56% ...  went to 100% max ... I then unplugged it .. and immediately every minute the "Repeat Reminder" started to ring ... I left it on and was wondering if this condition might stop at certain Charge Level ... well it happened every minute all the way down to 42% battery charge level.,

So, I stopped 1.0.0.6 and made sure BA.Exe was off in my Task Manager also ... then turned on my BA 1.0.05 ... and it seems to be working just fine ... No every minute alarm coming on.  So far, 1.0.0.5 is working for me.

Q1: Did you mention that you changed from .NET 3 to 2.0 from 1.0.0.6?

Q2: Is it possible that you changing your Programming to support .NET 2.0 has casued this!?!?

Thanks,