Feedback on Battery Alarm 1.0.0.1

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:26 AM
Hi Semmons,

I was not sure if I should have started an "Issue Tracker" ... so I will just post my comments in this Thread.  My comments are meant to help you improve upon an already Great Program.

1) I have noticed when I set my Alarm at 30% ... the alarm will kick in at 29% after you are into 29% about 30 to 45 seconds or so.  And one time the alarm kicked in at 28%.  Not a problem in itself ... but if you can fine tune it ... great!

2) Once I get the alram and I right-click on the Tray Icon and say "open" the window opens up ... and 2 problems here ...

-- A) Once I plug in the AC Charger the "Charging Box" does not get ticked up.  However, if I first plug into AC charger then open up your Window then it shows correctly with Tick Mark in the "Charging" box.

-- B) The "Progress Bar" does not reflect the correct charge ... because I can see with the Vista's Mobility Center that tells me that I am at 40% level and charging and Battery Alarm Indicator Green Bar stays at 29% ... and does not update.

THANKS again for a Great Program.

G!:)
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM
I've corrected the issues - feel free to check them out in the newest release and let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks

Steve
Jan 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Hi Steve,

Wow ... the Battery Alarm 1.0.0.2 works Great ... THANKS!

1) Alarm now happens each & every time after my Battery Level drops below my 30% Set Point.  So at 29% I get the alarm.  I have set my intervals to 1 minute increments.

2) Great idea to get rid of the confusing "Charging" check-mark box and replacing it with the Bold Statement "Plugged in, Charging" whenever I plug in and even works when I unplug.  I tested it out several times.

3) Progress Bar is working like a charm ... follows the Vista Alarm report ... and matches perfect!

Steve, I was thinking about a Feature either to add into this application or probably Create a different Battery Alarm program that it would Alert someone when the Battery has been charged to 100%.

I have been reading on Laptop Batteries and how you can prolong their Life ... by disconnecting them from AC wall charge after they hit 100% charge.  It kind of helps the Battery function.  Now you will see some that say it does not matter. So ...

Steve can you help with some Q's about CodePlex & their Blog ...

Q1: If I want to get e-mail Notification when someone Post a Reply to this Thread ... I guess I can leave my E-Mail ... BUT Why is my E-Mail Visible to everybody!?!?

Q2: Is there a Feedback for this Codeplex site ... so I can Post my Concern like above Q on E-Mail visibility!?!?

THANKS again for the GREAT Program!

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM
You can get notified automatically without leaving your email...just scroll down.  you should see something like this at the bottom of the page.

<input id="ctl00_ctl00_MasterContent_Content_SubscribeToThread_SubscribeCheckBox" onclick="CodePlex.UpdateProgress.show(true);setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'ctl00$ctl00$MasterContent$Content$SubscribeToThread$SubscribeCheckBox\',\'\')', 0)" type="checkbox" value="on" name="ctl00$ctl00$MasterContent$Content$SubscribeToThread$SubscribeCheckBox" /><label for="ctl00_ctl00_MasterContent_Content_SubscribeToThread_SubscribeCheckBox">Send me an email when someone posts a reply</label>

You can also subscribe to all discussions for BatteryAlarm

Thanks for the feedback - I might add that option.
Jan 22, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Hi Steve,

There is a Glitch with 1.0.0.2 version ...

I have set my Power Level at 30% and my Repeat "every 1 Minute" ... however, the program Rings the Bell every Minute even when I am at 99% or 93% or 86% ...

Q1: Shouldn't start alarming "Only" when it hits my pre-assigned point!?!?

I don't know what happened ... it just started doing it ... like it got minds of it's won ... may be I jinxed the program. :D

Q2: Do you want me to start a Different discussion or just tag to this one even though the Title says 1.0.0.1 ... or should I edit the Title to read Battery Alarm Version Comments!?!?

Thanks,

Jan 22, 2009 at 12:33 AM
Hi Steve,

More info for you  ...

When the above problem started was because I was plugged into to AC Charger ... went to 100% ... after a while I saw I am at 100% so I unplugged.  Then the Alarming at 1 minute interval started ... and continued while the battery was dischraging.

The way I fixed it ... I closed the program and also Stopped the Process of .EXE from Windows Task Manager and restated the program ... that fixed the "un-timely" 1 minute interval ringing.

So, hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Yes I see an issue - I'm working onn it now and I'll upload a new version when I have it resolved.  Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 1:10 AM
New version is available.  Hopefully that fixes it.  There was also a potential memory leak that I fixed and you will also get a popup on the screen whenever the sound plays.  My sound is the same as my new mail sound so it was confusing.
Jan 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the 1.0.0.3 version ... have not used it yet.  BTW, I am using Pink Floyd's Money song beginning clip for my Audio Alarm ... it will surely wake up anyone who is napping around me. :D

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Hi Steve,

I am using 1.0.0.3 now ... and here is my input ...

1) Your new Execute does not have the Battery Icon with it ... when I make my desktop Shortcut.  It was there in 1.0.0.1 and 1.0.0.2 versions ... so I went to Change Icon and used the Icon from your 1.0.0.2 program.

2) Steve, if it is not a lot of work ... can you make your program condition to Alarm right on warning level set ... let's say as in my choice of 30% level warning!?!?  Instead of when goes past 30% ... like it is now alarms at 29%.

3) Great "Pop-Up" Icon ... very ncie!

THANKS,

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2009 at 4:24 AM
I have uploaded 1.0.0.4 which has the icon corrected in it.  I am not able to reproduce the issue you are reporting where the alarm only goes off once you reach 1% under your requested percentage.  The code is using a <= operator and it is working correctly on my pc so I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Thanks for your feedback!